In most cases (90%), liver cancer develops from a cirrhotic liver disease that can be considered as a pre-cancerous. If alcoholism is a known factor of cirrhosis, hepatitis C is the leading cause of cirrhosis. 20 of 100 people infected with hepatitis C develop cirrhosis and 30% of them degenerate in liver cancer.
The liver is the biggest organ inside the body and is situated just below the ribs on the right. The liver organ has many functions such as: filter of waste and other harmful materials from the blood, production of enzymes and bile that help digestion and production of chemicals and hormones necessary for regulating many body functions. Liver cells are called hepatocytes.
Liver cancer is classified as primary, starting in the liver, or secondary, spread to the liver from another part of the body. Hepatocellular carcinoma is the most common form of primary liver cancer. Develops into liver cells and other cells and destroy healthy liver. Continuous growth of cancerous hepatocytes can cause malignant or cancerous tumors.
In an early stage liver cancer has not many symptoms and is difficult to detect. As the cancer grows, the more there are more symptoms such as abdominal pain and bloating, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and jaundice.
Risk factors for liver cancer
Carcinogenesis is a process that takes place in several stages, leading ultimately to cancer cells. A risk factor is in fact any factor that increases the likelihood that normal cells to undergo a process of carcinogenesis. Regarding risk factors is therefore a matter of probabilities, this means it’s not mandatory that every time we meet with a substance or event that is a risk factor for a disease to develop that disease.
Factors that increase the risk of liver cancer:
1. Some types of viral hepatitis. Chronic infections with hepatitis B virus (HBV) or hepatitis C virus (HCV) are major risk factors. The frequency of these infections makes this type of cancer to be among the most popular in the world. Fortunately, as you see, Mother Nature has left us and therapeutic means necessary to treat these viral infections and their consequences.
2. Cirrhosis can sometimes lead to liver cancer. Regardless of how that cirrhosis came from, whether from drinking too much alcohol, from hepatitis B or C or from hemochromatosis (iron deposits in the liver), cirrhosis presents one of the important risk factors for developing liver cancer.
3. Vinyl chloride and thorium dioxide. These substances are the main risk factor of liver angiosarcoma (a type of liver cancer). Furthermore, these substances increase the risk of other types of liver cancer: cholangiosarcoma and hepatocellular carcinoma.
4. Aflatoxin. Chronic exposure to this substance produced by fungi that often contaminate various foods (bread, wheat, soybeans, peanuts, peanut, corn, rice, etc.) leads to liver cancer.
5. Oral contraceptives sometimes cause benign liver tumors (hepatic adenomas), but sometimes can also produce hepatocellular cancer.
6. Anabolic steroids, similar to the male hormone, used more recently for those who go to different gyms increase their risk of liver cancer.
7. Arsenic from contaminated water or foods increase the risk of hepatocellular cancer.
If doctors do not know exactly what causes liver cancer, chronic liver diseases such as hepatitis B and C, and cirrhosis may increase the risk for people who develop the disease. Men are more likely to develop liver cancer, and people aged over 60 years.
There are various treatment options available depending on the type and stage of cancer. Surgery or liver transplantation is necessary only if the tumor is small and within the liver. If the tumor is large or has spread beyond the liver, chemotherapy or radiation can remove symptoms and prolong life, but this is not a cure.
Natural treatment for liver cancer with Calivita products
– Natural Supplement Liver Aid, based on amino acids, minerals and silymarin is specifically designed to support liver function and treat liver disease. Substances in its composition help to regenerate liver cells and have good effect in treatment of chronic liver disease.
– Syrup made from Noni fruit, in Noni Liquid form, is able to strengthen the immune system, improves digestion, reduces the harmful effects of smoking, drugs and alcohol, has antipyretic effect and can be used as an adjunct in the treatment of various cancers and tumors.
– Shark Aid is an excellent aid in preventing and inhibiting cells growth in cancers and tumors.
– Reverse osmosis water filter Aquarion produce ionized water, rich in oxygen, with therapeutic effects in various conditions, including cancers.